Unrelenting 4X4 power, mammoth size, and award-winning innovation make X-Maxx the ultimate monster truck. With 30+ volts of extreme 8S power, X-Maxx defies physics, unleashing jaw-dropping acceleration and 50+mph speeds. Engineered to conquer the most extreme terrain and take brutal real-world punishment in stride, X-Maxx is the definition of Traxxas Tough™.
At the end of the day, size always wins. X-Maxx plows over obstacles and muscles through extreme terrain that leaves lesser trucks stranded. Mammoth 8-inch tall tires, long-arm suspension, and huge ground clearance dwarf the surroundings for virtually unstoppable monster truck fun.
At Traxxas, too much power is never enough! The durability of the new VXL-8s is matched only by the sheer ferocity of its 8s 30+ volt dual LiPo muscle. The speed-tuned 1200XL Big Block™motor propels X-Maxx with brutal authority and exacting quickness that warps your senses. No matter what you have driven in the past, nothing will prepare you for X-Maxx.
X-Maxx puts the power to the ground through tough all-steel drivetrain gears, the revolutionary Cush Drive system, and our strongest driveshafts ever. The all-new Torque-Biasing Center Drive improves driveline durability and drives larger module ring and pinion gears on the toughest differentials we have ever produced.
Insightful engineering and precise integration of innovative solutions set X-Maxx
in an all-new category of superior performance. It’s as satisfying and rewarding to use as it is fun and exciting to drive.
The full X-Maxx experience of strength, power, and agility relies on all the carefully engineered details that begin to emerge when you peel back the layers. Old conventions were discarded as every system and dimension was examined and taken to a level worthy of the Maxx® legacy.
Modular Chassis Design
The interlocking modular chassis design keeps the motor and the gear drive together as a unit to virtually eliminate gear-crunching chassis flex. Plus, the design provides easy access to critical components, making any needed maintenance or repairs a snap to perform.
New 8s-Rated Tires
The wheels and tires are massive and so is the grip from the hyper-aggressive all-terrain tread. Traxxas specially-engineered a new tire compound and mounting system to cope with X-Maxx’s ferocious speed. Full-throttle tire-squealing acceleration is more fun than ever without the worry of ripping a tire off the bead. Our engineers overlooked nothing to ensure X-Maxx delivers the bulletproof durability you expect from a Traxxas truck.
GTX™ Aluminum Shocks
X-Maxx’s four enormous high-performance oil-filled GTX™aluminum shocks smooth out the roughest terrain for the super-plush ride that made Maxx trucks famous. The large oil volume dissipates heat for all-day shredding while an integrated wiper seal keeps the shafts clean, reducing seal wear for long life.
Shock Tower Design
X-Maxx’s shock towers introduce an exclusive Traxxas look that offers rigid, triangulated structure and an authentic off-road look that fills in the wheel openings of the truck. They also serve as a convenient carry handles and provide level supports for the X-Maxx when placed upside down for cleaning.
Rock-Solid Motor Mount with Dual Cooling Fans
The all-new motor mount design cradles the motor so it can’t flex on the mount. Gear mesh is held firmly in place by keyed pins so there’s no need for tricky adjustments. Eliminating flex means longer gear life, even in the most punishing conditions. The new dual-fan assembly helps cool the motor for extended run times and maximum fun.
Achieving X-Maxx’s huge suspension travel, tight turning circle, and incredible strength required hundreds of hours of modeling, development, and testing to package all of that capability in these sophisticated components. Exciting visual form follows unsurpassed function and performance.
Waterproof From the Start
Waterproofing our models has never been an afterthought at Traxxas. Patented Traxxas innovation seals out the water so that your playground doesn’t end when the fun involves water, snow, and mud. Dirty truck? Just hose it off. The new style box allows fast radio access without removal.
Double Shear Connections
X-Maxx uses double shear connections when the mission requires incredible strength. Suspension hinge points, shock mounting, and even the steering servo output shaft are engineered to redefine Traxxas Tough™. Captured, high-strength steel suspension pins are used throughout and will never unscrew or “back out”.
A new servo was created to deliver the strength and the torque necessary to give X-Maxx unmatched steering authority. The quick steering and tight turning circle, combined with advanced suspension geometry, gives X-Maxx nimbleness and control that you might not expect from such a large vehicle.
X-Maxx is equipped with new energy-absorbing impact cushions behind the front and rear bumpers to help soften the blows and make X-Maxx even more durable in demanding situations—even the unexpected ones.
New CV Driveshafts
Traxxas armed the X-Maxx with our strongest driveshafts to harness the twisting power of the motor’s extreme torque. This rugged design maximizes suspension travel, steering angles, and overall durability. The differential outputs are splined for incredible strength, and they center bolt to the differential for easy cleaning and service. Splined wheel hexes eliminate axle pins that require through holes that create a weak point in shafts.
Shock-Absorbing Cush Drive
Conventional slipper clutches could not withstand the monster torque loads of the 8s X-Maxx. Instead, our engineers adapted the revolutionary Cush Drive system from the 100mph XO-1 Supercar and strengthened it with a steel spur gear. Instead of slipping, the Cush Drive sends pure uninterrupted power straight to the Torque-Biasing Center Drive for unimaginable acceleration.
Aluminum Splined Driveshaft
The tough aluminum center driveshaft carries the power to the front and rear differentials. Splined drives are used throughout for precise engagement, incredible strength, and smooth running.
New Maxx-Duty Sealed Diffs
The new X-Maxx differentials feature our largest module steel ring and pinion gears ever to handle the rigors of challenging off-road situations. The differentials are sealed and filled with heavyweight oil, which gives the feel of limited-slip differentials. What the driver feels is confidence as the X-Maxxpower slides through turns with massive roost and total control.
Full Contact Sealed Bearings
X-Maxx features full contact sealed bearings in outboard locations to keep out the grime and grit. Less downtime for cleaning and maintaining bearings equals more run time for X-Maxx.
Torque-Biasing Center Drive
The all new Torque-Biasing Center Drive absorbs shocks to improve driveline durability. The Center Drive also distributes power to all four wheels for mind-bending four-wheel drive acceleration without the side effects of a typical center differential. Center differentials allow tires in the air to balloon uncontrollably, while the Torque-Biasing Center Drive allows wheelies off the line with seamless power distributed to all four wheels.
||30.67 inches (779mm)
||22.26 inches (540mm)
||20.66 inches (525mm)
||4 inches (102mm)
||13.79 inches (350mm)
||18.92 inches (480mm)
||7.4 inches (187mm)
||8.0x4.0 inches (203mm)
||4.3x5.7 inches (110x145mm)
|Wheel Hex Size:
||24mm splined hex
We calculate shipping charges at checkout and the options available are displayed on the basket page once you have selected your delivery country or correct UK region.
We aim to ship all orders within 24 hours.
UK Mainland England, Wales, and Southern Scotland Deliveries
Free Express Delivery on orders over £200.00 (Monday-Friday delivery)
- Priority option available to guarantee your order is shipped the same day if placed before 2.00pm (Monday-Friday) subject to availability of goods and service.
- Orders placed before 2pm on a Friday with a next day service will be delivered Monday and orders placed on a Saturday are generally despatched the following Monday.
- Saturday delivery is available on orders placed before 2.00pm on Friday subject to availability of goods and service.
- There are currently no Sunday deliveries.
- Courier deliveries are fully trackable, and you will receive expected delivery times and updates to your mobile phone number if you provided one.
Other UK Regions
- These include the Channel Island, Northern Ireland, off-shore islands and Central and Northern Scotland.
- Use the postcode checker on the basket page to ensure you have selected the correct region.
- Available services and charges are displayed on the basket page and during checkout.
- Limited services and restrictions on certain product types may apply.
- We ship to most worldwide destinations. If your country is not in our list of countries, please email us to find out if we can offer a service.
- Available services and charges are displayed on the basket page and during checkout.
- International orders with multiple items may incur a higher shipping cost than shown. In that case we will email the revised total for your acceptance before processing your order.
- Orders shipped outside the EU may be subject to customs charges. These charges are additional to any delivery costs and will need to be paid by the recipient.
- All consignments are fully insured and despatched using the best selected carrier service.
Exceptions and Restrictions
Fuel: Please note we can only ship fuel to Mainland UK destinations. * The maximum quantity of fuel we are permitted to ship per order is 10 litres or 2 gallons.
Aerosols: spray paint, motor cleaner etc. can only be shipped to Mainland UK destinations* *
Lithium Batteries: Lithium Polymer (Li-Po), Lithium Ion (Li-Ion), Lithium Ferrite (Li-Fe), Lithium Metal and any other batteries containing Lithium can only be shipped to UK destinations and certain European locations where a surface delivery service is available (no airmail). The maximum quantity Lithium batteries we are permitted to ship per order is 2 packs.
- Items not permitted for shipping within your country/region will be removed from your basket where possible during the checkout process.
* Services may not be available to some remote areas.
Damages and Non-Delivery
- You should inspect the products when you receive them for defects or damage.
- If you take receipt of a defective or damaged item please inform us immediately, in order that we can resolve the matter with minimum delay.
- Any items delivered by courier which appear to be damaged must be signed for as such or refused and returned to sender.
- Non-delivery of an order needs to be reported to us within 7 working days of the date of despatch. Despatch of your order is confirmed by e-mail and this indicates the date of despatch.
- All delivery options are subject to availability and working days exclude public holidays.
- Please note that we reserve the right not to deliver an order if we believe the address isn’t secure, for example to a communal postal address or PO box. If this affects an order you place, we’ll notify you as soon as possible.
- In certain circumstances we may only ship to a verified PayPal or a registered cardholder address.
You may return most new, unopened items within 7 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.