- Expertly constructed with lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood
- Finely detailed, satin-finish covering includes scale nomenclature, panel lines, and more
- Two decal sets let you customize the trim in "Geraldine" or "Sky Bouncer" livery
- Detailed cockpit includes a 3D instrument panel, expertly painted pilot bust and more
- Rugged fixed landing gear with 4-inch wheels and realistic shock-absorbing struts (included)
- Retract ready-optional E-flite® electric retracts available
- Functional flaps expand the flight envelope and enhance scale functionality
- Scale control surface hinge lines, gear doors, wing guns and antenna
- Painted cowl with simulated engine and exhaust detail
- Scale spinner with matching paint finish
- Optional-use wing pylons with removable drop tanks
- Two-piece, plug-in wing for easy transport and final assembly
- Large top-hatch offers complete access to the electronics and fuel tank
- Complete hardware package includes everything for EP or gas power recommendations
Make it powerful and make it able to fly far. These simple requirements sparked North American Aviation to create a phenomenal weapon called the P-51D. Beyond its muscle, gas storage and gun slinging capabilities, pilots loved to fly it. Better known as "Mustang", it became America's favorite fighter airplane, possibly of all-time. The Hangar 9® P-51D Mustang 20cc ARF brings valiant tales of this warbird to life in a convenient 1/6-scale model with unrivaled authenticity.
The Hangar 9® P-51D Mustang 20cc ARF is an expertly crafted model that combines modern engineering, outstanding flight capability, plus no compromise power-it-the-way-you-want-it expertise to deliver a replica warbird with stunning looks. Modeled after Mustangs used by the 375th Fighter Squadron during WWII, it's constructed in 1/6-scale with lightweight balsa and plywood for legendary durability.
Leading the list of stunning details is the expertly applied, satin-finish covering of the sleek airframe. The lightweight material captures within scale features like panel lines, rivets, nomenclature and distinct colors for a brilliant appearance that's durable. Bringing out its authenticity even further is a well-appointed cockpit with a 3D instrument panel, an intricately painted pilot figure and faceted utility compartment. Cowling detail features a matching finish with scale inlets and exhaust, plus a matching spinner. Optional-use wing tanks can be attached on the included wing pylons, or removed to improve high-speed maneuverability. Functional shock-absorbing gear struts include trailing-link suspension and scale-style axles with room for large wheels that make flying from grass easier.
No matter how you look at it, this Mustang is an impressive model for its size. Its two-piece wings smoothly connect with the scale wing fillet and distinct air scoop to lock-in without any need for tools. Control surfaces feature airfoil-shape design for smoother flight, and scale hinge lines with factory drilled hinges for easy installation. You can take the scale experience higher by replacing the rugged fixed landing gear with E-flite® electric retracts available for both the main and tail wheel locations. Functional flaps allow for a wider flight envelope that includes shorter takeoffs and slower landing speeds.
A large top-hatch provides extensive interior access from the cockpit to the firewall. The included hardware package is complete to make assembly as simple as possible and provide easy-to-install mounting options for all the electric and engine power recommendations. No matter what power plant you install, handling in the air is impressive with a look and control feel that honors the original. Whether this is your first warbird, or the perfect complement to your collection, the Hangar 9 P-51D Mustang 20cc ARF is the historic success story you've been looking for.
Needed to Complete
- 20cc two- or four-stroke gas engine or equivalent electric motor system
- Full-range, 5+ channel transmitter and receiver (6+ for the retract option)
- (8) Standard-size servos (7 for the electric power option)
- (2) Batteries for receiver and engine ignition (for the gas power option)
- (1) Propeller
What's in the box?
- (1) Hangar 9 P-51D Mustang 20cc ARF
- (1) User Manual