- AutoLand actively assists with landing with minimal to no pilot input
- Instant flight recovery with Panic Recovery mode
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Experienced modes make learning to fly easy
- Holding Pattern returns aircraft to a fixed point and flies in a pattern
- Virtual Fence keeps aircraft within a comfortable flying range
- HD Camera ready with an E-flite® EFCT-721 camera mount included
- 4-Channel aircraft with working throttle, rudder, elevator, and aileron
- 1300mAh 3S 11.1V Li-Po battery for long flight times on a single charge
- Impact-resistant, durable Z-FoamT construction
- Tricycle landing gear provides easier handling on the ground
- Compatible with any full-range SpektrumT 2.4GHz DSMX® transmitter
The HobbyZone® Sportsman® S+ features SAFE® Plus technology that provides pilots
with advanced GPS position awareness so you can teach yourself to fly with ease.
When activated, AutoLand will initiate a landing pattern with a touchdown location near where it took off. In rougher conditions, pilots can provide additional guidance to the system for executing a safe landing.
Push a button and the Sportsman® S+ will automatically circle around a fixed position near its takeoff location at approximately 120 feet until the command gets canceled.
Choose from a circular or rectangular boundry box that keeps the aircraft within sight and prevents the Sportsman® S+ from getting too far away.
If you ever lose control of the Sportsman® S+, just switch to beginner mode and release the control sticks. SAFE® Plus technology will return the aircraft to level flight.
2Pilot releases both sticks. The aircraft will roll wings
upright and level and pull out of a dive...
3...once the aircraft is flying straight and level, the pilot can
continue climbing to a safe altitude and resume flight.
Pilot loses control of the aircraft in any attitude.
Flight Envelope Protection
Pitch and roll limits protect the Sportsman® S+ from entering into extreme flight conditions.
Limited Pitch and bank angles. Panic Recovery Mode activates when sticks are released, returning the aircraft to level flight.
More freedom in pitch and bank. Panic Recovery Mode automatically returns the aircraft to level flight when the aircraft descends below 30 feet above ground level and the sticks are released.
No pitch and roll limitor Panic Recovery Mode. Panic Recovery Mode can be activated by switching to Beginner Mode and releasing the sticks.
Works to stabilize the Sportsman® S+ in whatever attitude you command with the sophistication of 3-axis gyros to help battle the influence of turbulence on windy days.
Needed To Complete
- 4+ channel DSMX transmitter (SpektrumT DX4E and above).
Landing has always been one of the biggest concerns for new pilots, but not anymore. Designed to be as intuitive as possible, the HobbyZone® Sportsman® S+ comes loaded with SAFE® Plus technology which is equipped with advanced attitude awareness and a GPS system so pilots can leave their hesitancy on the runway, even if it's their first time flying. Like the beautiful full-scale Glasair Sportsman, the Sportsman S+ is a natural in the sky with the freedom of four-channel control and a powerful brushless motor that comes pre-installed. If a pilot is skittish about the landing, no problem. In the right conditions, the Sportsman S+ will perform the landing with no help from the pilot.
Features Included with the HobbyZone Sportsman S+
AutoLand- When activated, Autoland returns the Sportsman S+ safely to the ground with little to no pilot input. When flying in rougher conditions, you can provide some directional guidance and let the system do the rest to execute a safe landing.
Holding Pattern- Push a button, and the Sportsman S+ will automatically fly to a point near its takeoff location and circle at an altitude of approximately 120 feet. Once the command is cancelled, you have full control of the aircraft and can continue to fly.
Virtual Fence- You can choose between a circular setting with 360-degree fence or a rectangular setting with a fence that prevents the Sportsman S+ from flying behind you. Both fences will prevent the aircraft from flying too far away. When the Sportsman S+ encounters the Virtual Fence boundary, the control system will automatically activate Holding Pattern and return the aircraft to near its takeoff location and circle until you cancel the command.
your dream of flight is charge the included battery and bind the aircraft to any full-range SpektrumT 2.4GHz DSMX® transmitter (SpektrumT DX4E and above).
We calculate shipping charges at checkout and the options available are displayed on the basket page once you have selected your delivery country or correct UK region.
We aim to ship all orders within 24 hours.
UK Mainland England, Wales, and Southern Scotland Deliveries
Free Express Delivery on orders over £200.00 (Monday-Friday delivery)
- Priority option available to guarantee your order is shipped the same day if placed before 2.00pm (Monday-Friday) subject to availability of goods and service.
- Orders placed before 2pm on a Friday with a next day service will be delivered Monday and orders placed on a Saturday are generally despatched the following Monday.
- Saturday delivery is available on orders placed before 2.00pm on Friday subject to availability of goods and service.
- There are currently no Sunday deliveries.
- Courier deliveries are fully trackable, and you will receive expected delivery times and updates to your mobile phone number if you provided one.
Other UK Regions
- These include the Channel Island, Northern Ireland, off-shore islands and Central and Northern Scotland.
- Use the postcode checker on the basket page to ensure you have selected the correct region.
- Available services and charges are displayed on the basket page and during checkout.
- Limited services and restrictions on certain product types may apply.
- We ship to most worldwide destinations. If your country is not in our list of countries, please email us to find out if we can offer a service.
- Available services and charges are displayed on the basket page and during checkout.
- International orders with multiple items may incur a higher shipping cost than shown. In that case we will email the revised total for your acceptance before processing your order.
- Orders shipped outside the EU may be subject to customs charges. These charges are additional to any delivery costs and will need to be paid by the recipient.
- All consignments are fully insured and despatched using the best selected carrier service.
Exceptions and Restrictions
Fuel: Please note we can only ship fuel to Mainland UK destinations. * The maximum quantity of fuel we are permitted to ship per order is 10 litres or 2 gallons.
Aerosols: spray paint, motor cleaner etc. can only be shipped to Mainland UK destinations* *
Lithium Batteries: Lithium Polymer (Li-Po), Lithium Ion (Li-Ion), Lithium Ferrite (Li-Fe), Lithium Metal and any other batteries containing Lithium can only be shipped to UK destinations and certain European locations where a surface delivery service is available (no airmail). The maximum quantity Lithium batteries we are permitted to ship per order is 2 packs.
- Items not permitted for shipping within your country/region will be removed from your basket where possible during the checkout process.
* Services may not be available to some remote areas.
Damages and Non-Delivery
- You should inspect the products when you receive them for defects or damage.
- If you take receipt of a defective or damaged item please inform us immediately, in order that we can resolve the matter with minimum delay.
- Any items delivered by courier which appear to be damaged must be signed for as such or refused and returned to sender.
- Non-delivery of an order needs to be reported to us within 7 working days of the date of despatch. Despatch of your order is confirmed by e-mail and this indicates the date of despatch.
- All delivery options are subject to availability and working days exclude public holidays.
- Please note that we reserve the right not to deliver an order if we believe the address isn’t secure, for example to a communal postal address or PO box. If this affects an order you place, we’ll notify you as soon as possible.
- In certain circumstances we may only ship to a verified PayPal or a registered cardholder address.
You may return most new, unopened items within 7 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.